Thursday, August 21, 2014

Decline of the Skinny Jean

I was cleaning out my closet the other day, and I found my first pair of skinny jeans from college. I remember buying this particular pair of Michael Kors jeans because they were lingering (a slow retail death) on the clearance rack, before they were mainstream in North Carolina. It hit me that they had been in-style for at least 10 years, and I bet there is a whole generation of girls who have never worn flares! Now it seems we have moved on to looser fits, like the mom jeans trend.

Oh, mom jeans. I'm not sure that I'm all on board, since I prefer dark wash (try googling "dark wash mom jeans" you get a list of maternity pants). I am not convinced they are flattering on my curvier figure.

In fact, I have all shapes of animals in my jeans menagerie; below I are my most recent denim purchases. And if you find any dark wash mom jeans, let me know.

J Crew Factory Jacket*, Joe's Jeans skinny jeans

Lucky Brand Charlie, Lucky Brand Sweet & Low

* Today, this jacket is on sale half off ($44). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to the Top