Monday, August 25, 2014

Super Secret Tasty Sweet Tea Recipe

After much trial and error and gnashing of teeth, I present my Super Secret Tasty Sweet Tea recipe:


You will need:
  • 1.5 L boiling water 
  • 6 normal-sized black tea bags
  • Pot for steeping 
  • 1 Pitcher
  • 1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey
  • Timer
  • Lots of Ice

As for the tea leaves, I use 4 regular grocery-store brand black tea bags, and 2 tea bags worth of a flavored tea; today I used "Key Lime Pineapple" from the fancy tea store up the road. It's very tastea!  :P

Boil the water - I prefer to use an electric kettle because it is super fast.Then I steep the tea bags/boiling water in my handy dandy Fiestaware (stoneware) pitcher. I steep for 6 minutes - no more, no less. Any longer and bitter flavors are extracted from the tea leaves. After steeping, remove the tea bags and toss them in the garbage. Stir in the sugar or the honey while the tea is still hot. Personally, I prefer plain old white sugar (probably because Dear gets irritated when I use too much of his special local honey, and I always have sugar on hand). Of course if you like sticky-sweet tea, you might want to double the sugar.

Fill the pitcher full of ice - really full. This will dilute the tea a little bit, and cools it quickly so that you don't accidentally melt your plastic pitcher :) Pour the tea into the pitcher, and store in the refrigerator. Tea Complete!

"I'm a doctor, Jim, I'm busy!" ... drinking tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to the Top