Friday, September 26, 2014

Ruh Roh Shaggy, Sweaters

My house is covered in leaves, so it must be autumn! Thus, I opened up my sweater-storage bin, and I was worried about what I would find.

inspected by dog #1


It wasn't so great. I haven't added any new sweaters to my closet in a few years (thanks to sweatshirt trend), and the ones I wear frequently are looking ragged! Time to hit to interwebs and find something new & cozy. 

FYI, I am definitely a more reasonable shopper online, where I can read reviews, hunt for coupons, shop in my PJs, and take advantage of free returns. In particular, I am looking for a slouchy, comfortable sweater that goes with everything in my closet. Ho Ho! Not too much to ask, right? Just a bum-covering cardigan sweater, probably in gray. 

Here's some of my favorites right now.

All things nubbly seem to be in style! However I fear this sweater may, in fact, be just enormous. Not "boyfriend" or "oversized"... just ginormous. It's cool though. It is a blend of materials: 63% Acrylic, 25% Wool, 12% Polyester. Joie makes quality garments in my experience, but I am wary of man made materials (like acrylic) in my sweaters.

joie, salome cardigan



I love this sweater/jacket below. I'm not sure why - but it might be the mohair-eque material and a cool print. And it's black/white/gray which goes with everything in my closet. This sweater is a blend of 45% cotton, 30% viscose, 20% nylon, and 5% cashmere. And it has pockets!

ella moss, maja sweater coat


Here is another gray open-front cardigan from one of my favorite designers, Vince. It also has some good reviews on nordstrom's website. Personally, I am hesitant about that collar - if you're busty it could get too crowded up there, you know?

vince, ribbed draped cardigan


Fluffy! But not a cardigan. 

topshop, fluffy knit sweater


This is a really cool jacket-sweater, erring more on the jacket side. 

plenty by tracy reese, knit cardigan coat


Love! I like the fuzzy panels; Tibi never lets me down. It also comes in different color combinations. 

tibi, mohair oversized cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to the Top