Monday, November 24, 2014

Stitch Fix November 2014

This past Saturday, in what my husband calls the "worst idea ever", I received my first shipment from Stitch Fix. I am excited to try it out - and with a lot going on for the holidays, I could use a few new pieces in my closet.

As I previously mentioned, this is a mail-order service where a professional stylist picks out 5 pieces of clothing and/or accessories, and ships them to you. On their website, customers fill out a short quiz, which helps your stylist determine what meets your tastes. You can also specifically request items, but fulfillment depends on availability.

And, if you buy all 5 items, you get 25% off your order. Doh!


pandora's box arrives

nice packaging! Suitable for recycling at Christmas :)

I filled out my questionnaire about personal style, and I thought it was kind of fun. You are presented with images of different styles of clothing, and you have to rate them from "I Love It" all the way down to "I Hate It". Also, my stylist checked me out on Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

I included some "Notes to Stylist" -  mentioning that I would like a work-appropriate blue blouse, and a pair of burgundy skinny pants (mine are looking worse for wear). Also that I despise peplum, and that I'm not interested in receiving jewelry.

In my first shipment, I received the following 5 items:

1. Miilla, vest in fatigue ($68).
Made of Tencel, this light vest drapes very nicely, and has tie accents on the sides. It also makes a great top if you wrap it and secure it with a belt. However, it is not very warm, and was a little pricey - so I sent it back.


2. Annabeth, Faux Leather Trim Sweater Tunic ($68).  
I don't own any tunics, for no particular reason - I guess I just prefer dresses. But when I tried on this pretty green tunic, I really loved it. The neckline is very flattering, with a keyhole in the back. The shape was loose without being baggy. Also, it is an angora blend - so it's very soft. Keeper!

btw - it is long enough to wear as a dress with opaque tights.

the material is lightweight, but not see-through
(unless you are taking a photo with a bright flash, I guess)

3. Prescott, Solid Fringe Detail Wrap Scarf ($32).
I pulled this scarf out of the box, and couldn't put it down! It's a basketweave fabric, and it's super soft. Also, its a little bulky without being over-the-top blanket style. It is more expensive that I would normally pay (I usually buy scarves from TJ Maxx or GAP on sale), but it's a high quality scarf, in a color that goes with everything. Keeper!


4. Angela, Quilted Detailed Blouse ($74).
Although slightly more expensive than I prefer, this top is just what I have been searching for - a beautiful blue blouse (not another t-shirt) that is appropriate for work and play. It may not be evident from the photos, but there is a light quilting over the shoulders and down to the top of the bust. This quilting also goes over the shoulders to the back 1/3 of the garment. There is a split neckline, which is interesting without exposing too much skin. The 3/4 sleeves are designed well - they gather nicely at the back of the elbow, which looks so pretty! Well done stylist! It's definitely a keeper.




5. Mavi, Freida Corduroy skinny pants ($98).
These are another item that I specifically requested, and my stylist was able to come through for me! These are super soft corduroy skinny pants, with a medium amount of stretch. Unfortunately for me, they are at least 1 size too small (although I do believe Mavi brand runs slim). Thus, these were returned.



Overall, I was very happy with the items that my stylist picked for me (nothing outrageous!). She was even able to come through on my requests! I was also impressed by the general quality of the items that I received. No items were outside of my general price range, either.

Also note that if you receive something for which you need in another size, send StitchFix an email and they will try their best to find your item in the appropriate size. For instance - on Nordstrom's website, I found that my TrueFit size in Mavi Jeans is one size larger than what I wear in other jeans. So you might want to include such information in your "Notes to Stylist".

Fix on! I can recommend this service.



FYI - I did not receive any compensation from StichFix for this post.

2 comments:

  1. Haha worst idea ever. Omg your hubby is so funny. Well I have never heard of Stitch Fix but your stylist did a good job. The blue blouse and the scarf are my favorites :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great New-ins! Have fun with your new items :)

    PS. I have a Thierry Mugler give-away on my blog
    you may like it!

    XX
    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete

Back to the Top